Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pineapple Chicken Thighs with Stir Fry


The last stir fry I made, left me craving for more crunchy veggies....so I needed to make it again- this time, no broccoli, but I added baby corn cobs and zucchini.
I accompanied my veggies with simple brazed chicken thighs in a yummy pineapple sauce.
I used 6 large skin on, bone in thighs for this. Nice and easy slow cooking makes the tender thighs come out juicy and fall off the bone.


1. Prep your sauce for the chicken.

In a large bowl, whisk the following:

- pineapple juice from one can pineapple tidbits (about 1 cup)

- 1/4 cup soy sauce

- 1/2 cup chicken stalk

- freshly grated ginger

- 3-4 cloves minced garlic

- 2 thinly sliced shallots

-red pepper flakes

- 2 tbsps cornstarch- make sure there are no lumps!

-salt, pepper.



Set sauce aside and pre-heat oven to 350


2. Next - season chicken with salt pepper.

3. In a large dutch oven, heat up a nice drizzle of olive oil and a tsp sesame oil.

4. Brown chicken nicely - about 4 minutes each side.

5. Add sauce mixture, put lid on and place in the oven for 2 hours.

6. With 20 minutes remaining, add pineapple pieces and again; back in the oven with lid.



Serve with a veggie stir fry (see previous blog), mini spring rolls and rice.



Moolicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment