Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tummy Rumbling Ribs


I bought what I thought would be your typical ribs (on sale) last week...you know the ones with tons of fat and hardly any meat? Boy was I wrong. We've been eating these for 3 days, in different ways...
They were so meaty, boneless and after slow cooking for 9 hours on low, the sauce and meat were extremely flavorful.
I served this with a green salad and plain white rice.

* Optional, I prepared everything the night before in my pot and kept it refrigerated. All I had to do in the a.m was stick it in my slow cooker.

Here's what to do:
- I had aaaaaa lot of meat!
1. Trim as much fat as possible off the ribs.
2. In your slow cooker pot add the following (I did not measure, but I can give a rough estimate):

- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup kraft BBQ sauce
- A good guh-spritz of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1.5 tsp fleur de sel
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsps flour.

3. Mix all your ingredients well- make sure flour is all incorporated.
4. Add your meat and make sure it is all covered with the sauce
5. Add water if you need to (cover the meat).
6. Cook on low 7-9 hours, depending on how much meat you have!

Moolicious!

3 comments:

  1. These were great June! The house smelled amazing all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing...approx. how many kilos of meat did you use? ~D

    ReplyDelete