Friday, September 10, 2010

Barley & Quinoa Energy Salad

So, Deena bo Beena and I have entered a run this weekend. For supper, I'll have some plain whole wheat pasta and an egg white sandwhich on hearty grained bread...I may throw in a can of chic peas somewhere too...So all week, I have been trying to eat well, (despite my gummi worm and chocolate cravings) to prepare my body for this run on Mount Royal. It should not be different from any other Saturday morning, but I want to feel light on my feet and as ready as can be. So, this "tabouleh" inspired mix will hopefully help!

It was quite tasty...

I combined the following:
- half of a diced red pepper
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- a sprinkling of cumin
- about 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- about 1 cup of diced zucchini and 1 clove of minced garlic fried for a couple minutes
- roughly 1/2 cup red quinoa and 1/2 barley, cooked and cooled.
- olive oil, salt and pepper for seasoning.

Moolicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment