Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Food Truck Edition: Super Truck

Okay, so after a day of shopping downtown, I stopped by The Super Truck along Parc avenue at Mount Royal park all by my lonesome. I was hungry and willing to scoff down just about anything. I saw that they had three choices on the menu: The super sandwich, some cheesy macaroni something and the third option was crossed out; it looked to be chicken wings. So, I opted for the Super Sandwich ($9, chicken, house bacon, lettuce, processed cheese on a hamburger bun). Again, for the price I was really expecting a LARGE, SUPER feed, but again I was indeed disappointed.  Yes, it tasted good, yes, the ingredients appeared to be fresh, but it can best be described as a greasy, glorified BLT. 
So, when I received it at the window, it was packaged in a white and red checkered paper; the kind of thing that makes you think of a picnic! As I grabbed it, it was greasified, so I took some extra napkins to wipe my hands! As I opened, more grease on the bun and in the wrapping. I figured the culprit was the bacon.  The chicken chunk was pretty big and despite the wetness of the sandwich, it was rather easy to eat. Overall, I would have to say that this should be sold for $6. There really is no special ingredient that would justify that price. 
All that said, I think the truck itself is pretty cool, the service was quick and friendly and if you are hungry, the Super Sandwich will fill the void for about an hour.  So far, I would like to see some healthier choices with the food trucks though and looking back, perhaps Landry et Filles had the healthiest choice of the trucks we've tried so far. 

Would I go back to this SuperTruck? probably not. Unless they lower the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment