Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cha-Cha's Noodles and Cottage Cheese

This is a tribute to my Gwendle. My mom and Cha-Cha used to make this for us when we were kids...and every so often, I will get a craving like I did yesterday. It is so simple, yet so yummy and every time I eat it I am left feeling nostalgic. It is a great side dish to any meaty meal, but they used to make a meal of it all on its' own. I used bowties because they are fun and work well, but you can use any type of small shaped pasta. This will always be a family recipe.

1. Boil a large pot of salted water for the pasta. I used a whole box of bow ties. Cook until al dente. Strain.

2. Fry one medium sized diced onion in canola oil and a tbsp of butter until nicely softened.

3. Add some pasta water to the onions for an extra sauce-like feel.

4. In your pasta pot, mix together cooked pasta, one large container of cottage cheese and onions. Season with salt and pepper and add more oil if needed. Done!


Moolicious.





No comments:

Post a Comment