Monday, September 3, 2012

Bachelorette's Almond-Raspberry Cake

Julie made this cake pre-wedding, with peaches instead of raspberries and it has inspired me to combine my two favorite dessert loves; almond and raspberries. The recipe calls for a whipped cream and peach topping, but I left those out. I hounded her for the recipe, so I can't take full credit. Thanks Julie Poolie! I will think of you after biting into my third, fourth and fifth piece...

You'll need: 6 eggs, separated, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup ground almonds, 1/2 tsp almond extract, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted , container of fresh raspberries and sliced almonds for the top.

Preheat oven to 325.
1. Grease bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan and lay with parchment paper.
2. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form and then slowly add in 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, beat egg yolks with the rest of the sugar (3/4 cups)
4. With a spatula, stir in the ground almonds, flour, salt, almond extract and butter and then gently fold in the egg whites.
5. Pour half the batter in the pan followed by a layer of raspberries and then top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle enough sliced almonds to cover the top and bake for about an hour.

Moolicious

No comments:

Post a Comment