Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pumpkin 'n Quinoa Oatmeal Cookies


I wanted to try quinoa in a healthy cookie but I didn't have all of the ingredients. I needed a mashed banana and some apple sauce but I didn't have any...but ah ha, I did have canned pumpkin purée, so that's what I used and they turned out amazing...oh and über healthy.

In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cups oats, 1 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 3/4 cups brown sugar and 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut and a pinch of salt and a handful of chocolate chips.

In a large bowl, mix together 2 eggs, a tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 cup canola oil and about 1/2 cup pumpkin.

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix the dry with the wet, form into equal mounds, push down slightly with your palm, form with about 2 tbsps for each and bake for about 15 minutes. Lucky for Moo, I had some left over pumpkin to make some pumpkin pie tartlets.


Moolicious!!!

1 comment:

  1. How healthful to use quinoa in these cookies. I know I'd feel good eating them. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you came by and linked up your cookies. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete