Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mike's Goaty Cheesey Pizza



Mike sat me down to tell me something...I was curious as to why I had to be sitting for the news and boy was it ground breaking. He said that this was the best pizza he has ever eaten in 32years. Crazy because there was no mozzarella cheese, no red tomato sauce either. Here's what I did.

Roll out your dough and place on a sprinkling of cornmeal on your baking tray. Crisp up some chopped pancetta in a frying pan.

Preheat oven to 425

Drizzle some olive oil on the dough and bake for about 10minutes without toppings.

When 10minutes is up, brush some pesto on your crust, sprinkle some thinly sliced shallot, 2 sliced green onions, crumbled goat cheese and a handful of baby tomatoes, halved and the pancetta.

Now put it back in the oven for another 15 minutes or so, until crust gets golden brown. Put a few fresh basil leaves before serving.

Holy Mooliciousness....

No comments:

Post a Comment