Saturday, October 23, 2010

Linguine and a Spicey Meat-a-ballz


Mike wanted something with pasta for supper tonight, so I decided to go with a classic. I didn't have spaghetti, so linguine was just fine. I used some of my frozen, home made tomato sauce and voila, dinner in a jiffy. I usually bake my meatballs instead of frying because it's healthier and I find them to be less grease-infested and oily-tasting.


Here's my take on simple, tasty meatballs.


1. In a bowl, mix together:

1 minced shallot, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 tbsp dry basil, salt, pepper, 1 egg, 1 tbsp cornmeal and a package of lean ground beef.

2. Preheat oven to 350

3. Form loonie-sized meatballs, on a parchment papered baking tray.

4. Bake for 35 minutes.

5. Add meatballs to cooked linguine and your favorite sauce.



Moolicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment