Sunday, October 17, 2010

Home Made Granola


On Sunday, I like making crunchy granola for weekday breakfasts or snacks. I try different ingredients all the time to add variety...
Today I used a combination of sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and coconut to make a wholesome, healthy granola.

1. In a large bowl put 2 cups large oats, 3 tbsps cracked wheat (optional), 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsps vegetable oil, 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract, dash of cinnamon.

2. Massage the mixture with your hands for about 2 minutes, getting every oat coated.

3. Spread mixture on a parchment papered baking sheet.

4. Bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes, mixing every 10 minutes to avoid burning.

5. With 10 minutes remaining add the sunflower seeds and coconut (your desired amount).

6. When done, and oats are crispy remove and allow to cool.

7. Add cranberries, mix and store in a plastic container for up to 2 weeks.


Moolicious!

1 comment:

  1. I am eating this Granola by the handfull as I write this. So yummy.

    Oops I just droped some under the couch. Breakfeast for Laurent.

    ReplyDelete