Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Apple-Berry Crumble


Every now and then I'll make some sort of crumble when I have fruit that needs to be eaten! ...apples, peaches, berries...even mango.

I don't like making them too sweet and dessert-like, so we can have them for breakfast too.

For this one, I used 2 apples (1 red delicious and 1 gala) and about 1 cup (or so!) of mixed fresh strawberries and blueberries.

- Preheat oven to 375

- Lightly grease a square baking dish

- Peel and slice your apples

- Add apples and fruit to the dish and make sure it's evenly spread out

For the topping/crust:

- In a bowl, mix together 1 cup of quick cooking oats, 1/4 cup flour, 2 tbsps granulated sugar and 1 tbsp of brown sugar, pinch of salt and about 1/4 cup of margarine. Mix well with your hands!

- Cover the fruit with the topping.

- Bake for 40 minutes/until top is golden brown.



1 comment:

  1. This was so delicious I literally cried tears of joy while I ate it. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete